A timely, business-critical update on global and regional market dynamics and recent trends impacting the construction industry and precast concrete sector.
- Oil Prices: Evaluating the impact of sustained low oil prices on construction projects and infrastructure spending
- VAT: Forecasting how the forthcoming introduction of VAT will impact the GCC’s construction sector
- Demographics: Reviewing how explosive population growth is driving demand for affordable housing solutions
- Prefab Trends: Assessing the rising popularity of prefab construction trends and how this is likely to translate into local and regional demand
- Skills and Education: Analysing the need for skilled labour, investing into education and the impact of localization policies
- Overview of regional building codes pertaining to earthquake resistance
- Ensuring structural safety through best practice in seismic design of concrete structures
- Incorporating seismic risk mitigation and disaster risk reduction strategies from the design stage
- Lessons learnt from past earthquakes
- Latest updates on building codes and regulations pertaining to fire resistance, life safety and property protection
- Exploring the behavior of architectural precast concrete under fire conditions
- Assessing fire endurance characteristics of precast exterior walls
- Precast concrete and passive fire protection
- Applying global best practice to fire safe design and engineering
- Structural engineering challenges in the Middle East market and implications for precast concrete moulds and formwork construction
- Solutions for 2D and 3D precast production
- Integrating more value into precast regarding the highest possible grade of prefabrication
- A brief history of translucent concrete
- Exploring typical production processes
- Understanding current applications worldwide
- Overview of the latest developments in today’s precast concrete products
- Precast concrete technology that can deliver on a range of outcomes including heating, cooling and acoustic optimisation
- Mitigating environmental impact of buildings through the use of multifunctional precast concrete
- Data and cost analysis of the benefits of using multifunctional precast concrete in construction projects
- Identifying and minimizing risks
- Initiatives that produce sustainable results
- Achieving a zero harm industry
Now more than ever before there is a firm focus on efficiency, sustainability and environmental imperatives that is transforming construction and building trends worldwide. Rapid technological advancements and concrete innovations have positioned precast as one of the most sustainable and efficient building materials on the market. This closing session will bring together experts from across the precast construction value chain to share their thoughts on how these materials will impact construction trends today and in the future.
- Advancements in sustainable concrete
- Comparative performance analysis of precast concrete technologies – what technologies are right for different projects and outcomes
- LEED and Estidama – highlighting how precast concrete can improve your green building ratings
- Exploring durability and sustainability of concrete in extreme climates
- Forecasting how sustainability and environmental performance measures are likely to shape construction trends going forward and how the precast market can leverage the new opportunities this will present
- Emerging need for Sustainable Development
- Concept of Circular Economy
- Challenges faced with the conventional Production- Consumption Model
- Its impact on the Current Practices Cement Concrete Industry
- Key Goals and Strategy
Don’t miss this inspirational address from one of the world’s foremost experts on the structural design of tall and supertall buildings as he shares his observations on the disruptive technologies, innovative materials and forward-looking techniques shaping buildings of tomorrow and his views on the role of precast concrete and ultra high performance concrete in achieving increasingly ambitious structural designs.
Fascinating insights into the latest in 3D printing technology including:
- How does the technology work?
- How much does it cost?
- What volume can it turn out?
- How long does it take?
- What is the quality and durability of the concrete produced through 3D printing?
- How likely is 3D concrete printing to become a mainstream production method?
Advancements in digital and software technologies have now made it possible to more effectively assess the functional requirements for precast concrete construction projects.
- Overview of the latest advancements in 3D modeling, BIM and parametric processes for precast concrete construction
- Understanding the key differences between the technologies
- What approach is best for your project?
- Outlining the key measurable benefits for precast concrete construction projects
- Challenges: How much data is too much data? How can you avoid information overload?
- Assessing alternative uses of precast concrete in structural design and engineering of critical infrastructure
- Exploring high performance precast concrete and ultra-high performance precast concrete to deliver tall and supertall towers
- Identifying challenges from real world case studies and solutions to overcome them
This session will bring together a unique cross-section of global industry leaders to share their experience and views on the innovations revolutionizing the concrete and precast industry. Hear from our panel of experts as they discuss the following:
- What are the latest innovations and developments in prefabrication construction?
- What technologies are transforming the prefabrication design and construction industry?
- What are the latest advancements in materials used and associated assembly techniques?
- What global technological trends and construction methods are shaping the future of the industry?
- How are concrete technologies developing in line with construction trends and how are they contributing to more efficient, sustainable structures?
- What steps can public and private sector take to close the skills gap and take advantage of these opportunities?
- Electric poles, transformer substations, electric manholes
- Water and sewage pipes, manholes
- Bridge beams, slabs and elevations, road barriers
Exploring the key efficiencies as well as time and cost savings made from prefab design and construction using precast concrete elements.
- Highlighting the importance of an integrated approach incorporating all project stakeholders from concept stage
- Quantifying how prefab including precast can improve efficiency and cost-effectiveness when incorporated from planning stage
- Comparative analysis of project cost savings of precast versus site cast construction when planned properly
- Maximising the potential of precast through planning and construction best practice
This session will identify and provide cost-effective, sustainable solutions to some of the common challenges and regional issues facing precast structures.
- Overview of the main causes of defects and deterioration of concrete structures in the Middle East
- Highlighting the importance of testing and inspection of concrete structures
- Assessment and evaluation methods for existing structures
- Cost-effective concrete solutions for refurbishment and repair
- Decision making in repair and strengthening: Choosing the right solutions